Friday, November 13, 2009

Is my blood pressure too high? -

I just checked my blood pressure a couple days ago for the first time in awhile and it was 166/82 which is supposedly stage 2 hypertension. I m only 19 years old. Is this normal or should I be concerned? I was born with a heart murmur and I also have chest pains about every other day.

It is indeed a high blood pressure result and its pulse pressure is also widened( yours is 84) it is the result between the systolic and diastolic blood pressure. 40mmhg is the normal and 60 or 80 indicates high which most likely basis of stiffness of major arteries. And that you should be alarmed, there are many factors may affect blood pressure. Example; diet (high cholesterol and sodium), smoking, exercise (aerobic), stress and also condition/illness. You must visit your physician and seek advices and alternative medication to decrease high blood pressure, to avoid further complications.

the second number looks good - the first would be a red flag to go see a doctor - - - chest pains every other day - 2nd red flag! make the appointment so when is your next checkup?? at your age it really may be diet related when I was in grad school - someone took mine 165/95 (was eating soup every day-SODIUM!! - had major exam for next two daze - and concert performance that weekend) So - immediately - knock you sodium down to 1,000 mcg a day (recommended is 2,000 - 2,400) eat bananas - 1 a day have you made that appt yet?!?! all the best -

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS