Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Could this be gas, a blood clot, or something far worse, and will nitroglycerin effect blood clots? -

I ve been diagnosed with hypertension. The years and years of not taking care of myself has finally caught up with me. Today my doctor prescribed to me to take 0.4mg of nitroglycerin tablets that are taken under the tongue. He prescribed them to be because I ve recently started having chest pains this past week. The pains have been in the upper left portion of my chest traveling up and down my left shoulder and arm. The pain in my arm feels somewhat like it s fallen asleep, bad blood circulation or something. . After I got home from my doctor s visit today my left arm felt completely normal, no pains at all. BUT, the pain that was in the upper left portion of my chest and up and down my left arm has now on the upper right side of my chest and and going up and down the right side of my arm. It pretty much, completely reversed itself. Which is leaving me to believe that it might be a traveling blood clot that s just not going away. My mother also tells me that it s just gas being held up inside. But I personally thing that it could be a blood clot. Does anyone know what could this be? And if it does happen to be a blood clot, is it save to take nitroglycerin tablets? I ve had a theory that since nitroglycerin opens the blood vessels and arteries for a short amount of time, that it would free the blood clot from where ever it may be stock at the time, travel through my blood stream and get into my lungs. The thought scares me a lot. And I d like to know any information that I can about this.

Not sure what effect the nitro will have on the blood clot, but you should go into see a doctor and let him perform an EKG to determine what could be causing the chest pain. If the EKG doesn t show anything, then he may order more tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS