Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The sauna is good for people with high blood pressure? -

since I was diagnosed with hypertension, I have not been in a sauna, but I like it, and I dont know if I can do it or not

sauna,thermal water are all contraindicatons for patients with hypertension,can be very dangerous if u stay for long

Not true saunas have been proven to lower blood pressure. Persons with low blood pressure should be concerned Report Abuse

The temperature range should not be really high if you want to participate in sauna. It is the high heat and the extreme change in temps that does bad things. If you were used to using sauna, I see no reason why you didn t continue it. Those who suddenly want to use sauna and are not used to it are the ones who suffer heart events hence the warnings. The same applies to hot tubs and spas. You might want to check with your doctor since you have quit, and see what he says.

It dilates the capillaries which allows for less resistance. Less resistance from a greater space with the same volume allows the pressure to actually lower. I wouldn t recommend jumping in the pool/ cold water directly afterwards, however, because this can raise blood pressure. If you have any doubts, contact your doctor.

It s generally not recommended and without the express permission of your cardiologist/internist I would caution you to avoid saunas or exposure to such heat sources.

i would think not since it might raise the b/p

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS