Saturday, November 14, 2009

Has anyone ever taken High Blood Pressure while pregnant? -

I developed chronic hypertension about 2 years ago. I ll be conceiving soon and my doc has me on Aldomet (Methyldopa) 250 mg. 3 x s a day and Norvasc (Amlodipine) 10 mg. daily. Has any of you ever taken these meds the entire pregnancy. Please let me know. Thanks

Of course, we all have take a blood pressure while pregnancy. If you had a high blood pressure. Your doctor will give you a medicine to reduce your blood pressure. And tell your doctor that you have medicine that you had been taking. They ll look into. Could be cause you had a high blood pressure, when you had been taking a medicine.

I was on Aldomet throughout my last pregnancy, along with labetalol. I never took Norvasc, but the other 2 were completely safe. Norvasc is a pregnancy category C, by the way. A and B categories are relatively safe, C is a bit more risky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS