Monday, November 16, 2009

Who is funding bariatric surgery? -

Are there any organizations/doctors/etc. who will fund a lapband surgery? I have health insurance but they would rather pay for all the hypertension medicines, depression medications and doctors visits than to pay for a possible life saving surgery. Obesity runs in my family on both sides and I have tried EVERYTHING but can t loose the weight. I feel like I m dying a slow and miserable death while my family watches me.

American Society for Metabolic amp; Bariatric Surgery Foundation...I hope this helps.

The odds of getting someone to pay for your surgery other than insurance is very unlikely. Your best bet is to find someone who offers financing for people with bad or below average credit and will do the surgeries for a fraction of the cost. I am having my gastric bypass surgery in India I fought with my insurance company (premera) for almost a year and had about 3 or 4 denials. So I am paying a little over 10k including airfare and accommodations to have it done in India. Check this company out they know their stuff and are very knowledgeable. http://www.medpathgroup.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS