Monday, October 26, 2009

Blood Pressure question? -

I have a blood pressure of 158/70 and pulse of 47bpm I am 5 11 159lbs an 18 years old. I know it is in the hypertension 1 category. How could I lower my BP without medication? I am a fairly active person and ride my bike 7-15hrs a week at high speed/effort (18mph ish) and work at a grocery store where I m constantly walking. So i dont think exercising more would help but could be wrong.

Avoid foods that raise blood pressure (salty foods) and eat foods that lower blood pressure (those high in potassium).

Have you modified your diet? No caffeine, (no coffee or tea, no coca cola, no chocolate), the least salt possible and no liquorice. Cut down on bananas and other foods rich in potassium. Also, avoid stress. There are other diet modifications that could help which you can find by googling. If you decide to take any nutritional supplements check with your doctor first because various minerals can affect your blood pressure. A pulse of 47bpm is exceptionally low, are you sure that s right? That s called bradycardia.. unless you actually meant 74, which is perfectly normal! If it is 47 I think you should ask your doctor about it because blood pressure and pulse are related so the situation could be more complicated.

Diet is working for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS