Wednesday, October 21, 2009

So I have not ate meat in about five years now.................? -

And I am not at my healthiest. I am lacking many things such as vitamins and protein. I try to eat well but it is not working. I am almost border line hypertension meaning I could have a heart attack. Should I add white meat to my diet? I really don t want to eat meat but if it will help make me healthier I will consider it.

If you are not eating meat of any kind - white meat, red meat, etc., you are lacking most of the proteins and vitamins/minerals you need to survive. Please see a nutritionist - if you suddenly feed your body meat after five years, you could become extremely ill. Talk to a nutritionist or doctor ASAP. I hope you are taking the appropriate meds for the high blood pressure - and why don t you ask the doctor who prescribes them about the meat issue?

Are you the type of vegetarian who only eats junk food? Talk to your doctor instead of taking our word. Try soy products, a lot of veggies, and a lot of fruit. However, talk to your doctor first. If you re that close to having a heart attack, you shouldn t be asking us.

you should try going to a place like gnc where they sell diet supplements. you may be able to take protein in pill form. you may also try to see if any herbs or other natural products will replace what you re missing. there are other foods that are high in protein such as peanut butter.

You should incorporate some chicken or fish into your diet several times a week... or at LEAST make sure to eat lots of eggs and cheese, which has actual animal protein that you can only get from animal products. However you should really be talking to your doctor about your health concerns. Tell him/her that you have not been eating meat, and ask what you should do to remain healthy.

Fish and seafood are good for you, if you like them. Just try adding in a small amount, a few times a week and see if that improves your health. If you need to, take some enzymes for digesting protein.

That s exactly why I gave up my vegan diet...add chicken, and Good Luck

Animals were put on this earth for us to eat. That s why they are here. I understand everyone has their own belief system but you are not going to live forever you might as well enjoy things in life while your here and that will be a lot easier if your healthier. Eat the white meat- it s good for you.

You need to take supplements and look at the mix of vegetables that you are eating, especially increasing those foods that contain iron and phosphorus.

Nuts and other forms of protein are available. If anything else, add fish to your diet. Vitamins come from vegetables so you re wrong there, unless you re overcooking your vegetables. I d look into the raw food diet and start eating Seafood. All of your problems would clear up after that.

What about a little fish? Is it so bad? You need to see a doctor perhaps. Did you know that sugar and carbos are even worse then meat for hypertension?

I hear that certain combos of food help, such as peanut butter and bread or beans and tortillas. You should eat meat, if you will only eat white meat, fine but meat is part of a balanced diet which you have experienced through this. You can t just take out part of your diet and not replace the nutrients you are no longer getting. You should add meat back into your diet.

Have you been to a Dietitian? If you are Hypertensive you doctor should be recommending medication and diet, especially if you told him that you are vegetarian. Do you know where protein comes from - not just meat - eggs, cheese, milk, nuts, beans, lentils. Do you eat those? In quantities that actually help you? Get yourself some lentil soup and have a cheese or egg sandwich every day. I was just diagnosed with hypertension, and diabetes - I went to a dietitian - and am eating better than I ever did. Try it.

Here is an article on former vegetarians who found that they felt better when they added meat back to their diets. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/main.j...

You can eat healthy, and get all the vitamins and protein you need without eating meat, however it does take effort. So, I think you have to decide if you want to put more effort into your diet, (ie. what kind of meatless foods can you add, so that your nutritional needs are being met), or change your beliefs.

I would definitely consider eating some type of meat if it ultimately means your life sweetie. You don t have to jump right into eating meat, but you could also try to eat more beans and/or humas for the lack of protein that you have.

I m not going to say whether you should eat meat or not. That s your choice. But I can tell you that I had a friend that didn t eat meat for 15 years and one day decided to eat steak and claimed she felt the best she has EVER felt in YEARS. She now eats meat every once in awhile. But going from nothing to steak is a REALLY huge step, and it sounds like that isn t something your willing to do. Which is fine. First I d go to the doctor... because if you are teetering on the borderline of having a heart attack... that s no good. If you were just recently at the doctor and they told you all this (thus why your asking the question), I d go to a organic grocery store and ask for advice. This isn t a uncommon problem and I m sure they could help you out a bit. I m not sure where you live and if there is an organic grocery store near you... so if there isn t, I d contact these guys. This is one of the most respected organic stores where I live. luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS