Friday, October 16, 2009

This week I did my lipid profile and the values were very high. You know that I am only 30 years old, can it b -

I was suffering from hypertension from last 2 waeks. I am of the age of 30 years, not too bulky but very slim. Then I did a lipid profile test and I found that the Serum Cholesterol was 319 mg, serum tryglyserides 546, and very low density lipids (VLDL) 109, others were in normal range. Then I went to a physician, who advised me not to eat any fatty and proteineous diet. Kindly suggest me what is the root cause, is it some metabolic disorder, as I have seen many blky and fatty people with very low B.P. Or it is any other problem.

The possible causes for high BP are numerous. Stress is a big one. A few people have high BP at a young age because it came through their genes. The cause is sometimes not found. A thorough work-up should be done by your doctor. As for your lipids, go on a low-fat, complex carb diet. No fried foods. Start an exercise program. In a few months, if your liids have fallen significantly you may need medications.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS