Sunday, October 25, 2009

Salt and pepper health effects? -

i ve been on a real health kick the past year and have been slowly bettering my diet and slowly getting into better and better shape. Something I m curious about is how does table salt and pepper effect your diet. Something I m really interested in is lowering blood pressure, I know excess salt increases blood pressure and hypertension, but how much table salt is a significant amount, I guess compare it to like the sodium that s in food. Should I consider cutting it out of my diet or is the small amount I put on things like a potato insignificant? Also I haven t heard anything about pepper are there any negative effects with pepper as there is with salt?

There is plenty of sodium in your diet without adding salt at the table. Try some other options like Mrs. Dash or something like that. As for pepper, it has all kinds of health benefits (who knew??) for you so pepper away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS