Saturday, October 24, 2009

Single Women and Sterilization? -

I m 30 (almost 31), single and have no children. I do NOT want children and would like to be sterilized. My decision is quite firm and I m not interested in other reversible options. I m having trouble with regular hormonal birth control (developing hypertension). But besides that, I want something permanent since I live Louisiana, which has anti-abortion trigger laws (they don t even take RAPE into account!!). I would prefer to never have to worry about this problem ever again. I would like to be truly free of this. What are the chances of a doctor being willing to perform Essure on me? Would a doc in another state be more willing? Any advice on doctors? Thanks a lot!

First, I would like to ask you if you ve considered a non-hormonal IUD? If you haven t, consider this as an option instead of a permanent form of birth control (as it would be safer for you and your body): am not exactly familiar with the procedures surrounding Essure, but with a tubal ligation, many doctors will not perform one on a woman with no children, although I ve heard that age is a factor as well, and you appear to be old enough to have had the opportunity to have children and decided it wasn t for you. As for the availability of the procedure, I really couldn t say, sorry.

Any OB/GYN doc should be able to do it for you and should not question your request. Have you asked your own doc about it? If not call and talk to your doc.

Can t you just get you tubes tied? That s what they do here ( canada) for women who no longer want children. It s pretty easy and not complicated.

what is essure???

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS