Saturday, October 17, 2009

I have heart and fatigue issues. Any thoughts? -

I m tired all the time. My heart rate goes up and down for no reason; anytime, continually or ever so often with pain that I can only describe as a vice grip around my heart. I ve been to cardiologist that say it s caffeine, which I don t intake much of at all ( i.e. a half a cup of decaf coffee every other day before a month ago and none for that last month). I am looked at as being paranoid by doctors’ b/c I am so young, they feel that I have nothing to worry about. My mother died of cardio-pulmonary hypertension when she was 21. I am 26. I do not think that is it, I m not even sure that my health in danger. I just want to know what it may be and no cardiologist will really even help. They listen to my heart and say its sounds fine or run me on a treadmill and if I don t die; they say you re fine. This can t be normal. Any help would be wonderful.

what!!!!okay, a CAT scan at this point would be foolish, because it is a)expensive and b)invasive. you are right to feel like you are being overlooked because of your age, especially if you do not have insurance. check your blood pressure by yourself (i know a lot of lazy nurses who will get a high reading and write a normal one down and a lot of hurried doctors that cant or wont put two and two together if a abnormal one is written down) this can be done at almost any pharmacy or grocery with a pharmacy. also, if you dont have insurance GET COPIES OF ALL YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS. get your thyroid checked. you could have valve dysfunction (which could be congenital) or a coarctation. i am 24 with renal vascular hypertension and have no health insurance and if it wasnt for my stubborness and stack of medical bills i would be dead from a stroke by now, so i know, do not stop until you are satisfied, your gut is usually right.

Do you have low blood pressure? That may explain the fluctuating heart rate and fatigue. Make sure you drink enough water.

you could always talk a cardiologist into doing a heart cath, thats the gold standard, or if they have a 64 slice ct in your area you could go that route.

could be a number of things from clogged arteries and high cholesterol to diabetes or marfan s.

I had the same symptoms a few years ago and was told the same thing, but it turned out to be Aspartame - the stuff in diet pops and chewing gums. I did a lot of research on it and found out it is more common than most people know.

I ve been doing alot of research on heart problems such as bradycardia and atrial fibrilation. So I don t know first hand, but I do know what I ve read. I think that as long as your heart rate doesn t get too low (less than 50-60 beats per minute) or too high (more than 100 or so beats per minute) then it s ok for heart rate to change. If you are very inactive that could have something to do with it; your heart is a muscle so when you don t quot;usequot; it for a while, it becomes quot;weakerquot; and doing normal things such as walking up stairs will make your heart pound. But if you ve been to the doctor and been evaluated and they say there s nothing to worry about, then don t worry. To ease your mind, try looking up heart conditions online like I did and learning more about what they are and what they consist of. Just go to yahoo s main page and type in quot;heart conditionsquot; and go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS