Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Chest pains in a 16 year old? -

I am a 16 year old female who is 5 5 and weights 128 lb. Just recently I ve been experiencing chest pain right above my rib cage and on my sternum. It s more of an aching pain and it s kind of sharp. I have a history of mitral valve prolapse, heart murmur, and hypertension. I am intending on seeing my doctor (no, I m not going to be stupid and leave something that could be serious up to Yahoo! Answers) but I m just looking for a quick answer as to what it may be. Thanks. :)

It might be stress...that sometimes causes chest pains in that area.

hun, it dosen t matter if you re only 14 or 74, ANYONE can get MVP, my boyfriend is only 24, and he has it Report Abuse

You know it could be anything from stress to heart burn or even growing pains. good luck at the Dr

MVP is most likely cause. I d get an echocardiogram just to make sure nothing else is going on in the heart. An ekg would be helpful also, as well as a chest xray. In girls your age often it s caused by anxiety.

Growing pain. Specially if we are talking a more than average height person this happens a lot. On the other hand it could be a bruised rib. This does affect your sternum and healing may take as much as 6 weeks, painful weeks.

Yes, go see your doctor as soon as possible, it could be something as serious as a heart or valve problem, or it could be from anxiety, stress or growing pains. He/She will know what it is by running a few tests. In the meantime just breathe, meditate and/or pray, and relax. This will help ease the pain. Also try to think positive thoughts. This will also help, remove all negative thoughts and vibes from you, it will help you to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS