Sunday, October 11, 2009

Questions about Creatine and Muscle Building supplements and blood pressure!? -

A friend of mine recently had to go to the doctors and was prescribed lipitor for high blood pressure. His blood pressure was VERY high to say the least. I myself am a nurse and I know a lot about health and hypertension etc. For years he has been extremely physically active. He works out 6 times a week, and in the best shape of his life. He eats ONLY healthy food... (I know boring huh!) He doesn t drink and doesn t smoke. Other than hereditary reasons, do you think Creatine could raise his blood pressure? It s actually a silly question because I m sure it can..... but does it raise it THAT much? If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated.

The creatine COULD be causing the high blood pressure. One of the effects of creatine usage is to cause the body to retain water. You ll remember from your med classes, that as you hold additional water, blood volume increases and blood pressure goes up. This is one of the theories for why increased dietary sodium consumption can cause high blood pressure. Increased blood pressure is one of the possible counterindications of creatine usage. Each person is different, so this may or may not be what s going on with your friend. I would recommend that he stop using it for a few weeks, get his BP checked and see if it resolves it. Also, if he is using other supplements or not performing enough cardio along with his weight training, he could see an increase in blood pressure. He should also let his doctor know what he s supplementing with, since there could be interactions going on here.

I figured you did ;-) Glad I could help. Also, yes, andro is an anabolic steroid. Report Abuse

does quot;androquot; have the same side effects as shooting steroids? Is it equal too or the same? Report Abuse

Unless he s a competitive lifter or bodybuilder, why is he fooling around with this stuff? To impress the guy on the next weight bench? quot;best shape of his lifequot;? I think you have big skeletal muscles confused with fitness. Its not the same.

I ve never heard of creatine raising blood pressure. Mine is low (I m 6 4quot;, 315lbs.) and I have a BP of 110/75 and I use creatine. He is probably doping with a lot of those caffeine fat burners which DO raise your blood pressure and pulse-rate. If he goes cold turkey and drops that junk and caffeine, he won t need drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS