Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Help, have hypothyroidism and need some answers? -

I have had hypothyroidism for yrs and been on synthroid 1mcg , my current TSH level is 2.91 (.34-4.82) is normal, anyway, I feel far from quot;normalquot; my hair is falling out, I m cold mostly in the evenings, I have elevated lipids, hypertension,anemia, elevated homocysteine level, insomnia, muscle aches that s partly why I can t sleep is the pain, I m still 40 lbs over wt. I will go back to my GP in about a week anybody else have these problems ? I went to about.com and it s all there about my symptoms my Dr. wants to treat me with Antihypertensives, Vit., Iron, Lipid lowering agents, I think since the thyroid disease causes these symptoms that s what he should treat. There isn t a thyroid Dr. within hundreds of miles where I live. Please comment

Yes, those are all hypo symptoms. Your TSH of 2.91 is too high. Most feel best with the morning TSH around 1.0. TSH needs to always be done first thing in the morning or you may not get the correct dosage. With your symptoms, there s a chance that you are converting enough T4 into T3 and may be helped by adding T3. This can be done by adding a small about of Cytomel or switching to Armour or Thyrolar. I started out on Levoxyl. It did nothing for my symptoms. Eventually I added 5 mcg s of Cytomel and it helped about 75% of my symptoms. I am now on Armour and it has helped about 95% of my symptoms. I only have ridged fingernails and cold feet at night. Below are links that may help. Getting your levels right should help with the symptoms. Being just in range is not enough. You don t need a thyroid doctor. A good family doctor who s willing to work with yo should be enough. Thyroid doctors aren t always the best. I had one who added the Cytomel, but refused to use ARmour. If I had of stayed with him, I d still be having some symptoms because Armour was the best medicaton for me.

i have thyroid disease also. go to suite101.com and type in thyroid. it s a great place to get real good answers/advice from ppl who have been there and are up to date with the latest info. good luck!

I have too much testosterone, so pretty much same thing as you. what do you do throughout the week, are you overstressed? is there a way you could change your schedule to help alleviate your problems. I m far from an expert, but maybe a change of diet or just getting some time to relax would improve your situation. I tend to be a bit of a worry wort and i used to make myself sick. It helps me alot to also have an outlet for stress. I play basketball to help get rid of my excess energy and i try to take my dogs for a walk twice a week. I changed my diet too. Try to eliminate processed foods and unnecessary caffeine and i try to eat fresh fruits and veggies more often. What you put into your body will affect your physiology.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS