Monday, October 26, 2009

NICU Nurses!! **HUGS** How do you....? -

How do you do it?!? Help to save so many lives? I could not be a nurse around sick babies. I would get to attached, and take my work home with me. I can t imagine losing a patient. How do you deal with that?!? I gave birth about 9 weeks ago, and had spent about 5 weeks of it with my baby in NICU level 3 do to Persistant Pulmonary Hypertension. The nurses were so great, and they stayed with my sick baby and pampered her night and day. I was a wreck, but they were there to calm me, and love and care for my child. We almost lost her at one point. How do you keep your composure all day? I saw so many sick babies, with so many sad stories... Bless you all!! It takes a special person to do what you do!

I think about all the other patients that have lived because of the care I ve given them. I try to save those in my care with all the newest equipment and knowledge I have, and know that even doing my best will not work all the time. In the end, I get down on my knees and pray for strength to work the next day to a profession that clearly requires a heart full of compassion for the sick and which some times is not fully appreciated by others. So, from a NURSE....Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS