Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Can a tumor develop after Diagnosis of Psuedo-tumor? -

I suffer from a neurological condition called psedo-tumor cerebri, also called Intracranial hypertension. Basically, my body thinks that I have a brain tumor, when I really don t. It causes my spinal fluid to increase, which gives me headaches. 4 months ago, my Dr. gives me a clean bill of health. That my PTC had gone into remission. During that time, no headaches or any of my symptoms. But two weeks ago, I started having the symptoms again. Headaches, trouble sleeping, weakness, etc. In two weeks time, I have completely regressed back to how I was before treatment. this has really scared me. Everything was so good, but all of a sudden..boom. Could a brain tumor have developed since my original diagnosis? My last MRI was two years ago. Is it possible a tumor had developed since then? Because this happened awful quick, when it took months the first time to get this bad. I want only questions with professional medical opinion. Experienced answerers only. Thanks.

I know you are only looking for professional medical opinions, but I think I can help. It is important to get a CT scan, an MRI or PET if your doctor thinks it would be better. Also an EEG, sleeping and awake could be helpful. There is a slim possibity that a tumor or anurism could form in two years time, even with a neuroligist near by. If your nero does not take your concerns seiously, consiter getting a second oppinion. I have seen four different neuros, switching for different reasons. The fear of the unknown is severe, so be sure to get an answer and consiter joining a support group even if you are completly healthy. The return of symptoms after a reprieve is horific, I know from experience, but keep up hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS